The Minister for Foreign Affairs and External Trade
Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson, Minister for Foreign Affairs
Icelandic Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík
North Constituency 2003-2009, for the Reykjavík South Constituency 2009-2016
and for the Reykjavík North Constituency since 2016.
- Chairman of the parliamentary group of
the Independence Party 2016-2017.
- Deputy Chairman of the parliamentary
group of the Independence Party 2013-2016 and 2005-2007.
- 1st Deputy Chairman of the
Budget Committee 2013-2016
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to
the EFTA and EEA Parliamentary Committees 2013-2016 (Chairman 2013-2016) and
2003-2007 (Chairman 2005-2007).
- Member of the EU-Iceland joint
Parliamentary Committee 2013-2016 (Chairman 2013-2016)
- Member of the Foreign Affairs Committee
- Member of the Economic Affairs and Trade
- Member of the Health Committee
- Member of the Trade Committee 2009-2011.
- Member of the Environment Committee
2003-2007 (Chairman 2004-2007).
- Member of the Fisheries Committee
- Member of the Social Affairs Committee
on 2003-2006 (Deputy Chairman 2003-2006).
- Minister of Health and Social Security
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
University of Iceland 1996
- Born 19 December 1967. Married with four children.