The Minister for Foreign Affairs and External Trade
Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson, Minister for Foreign Affairs
Icelandic Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík North Constituency 2003-2009, for the Reykjavík South Constituency 2009-2016 and for the Reykjavík North Constituency since 2016.
- Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2016-2017.
- Deputy Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2013-2016 and 2005-2007.
- 1st Deputy Chairman of the Budget Committee 2013-2016
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the EFTA and EEA Parliamentary Committees 2013-2016 (Chairman 2013-2016) and 2003-2007 (Chairman 2005-2007).
- Member of the EU-Iceland joint Parliamentary Committee 2013-2016 (Chairman 2013-2016)
- Member of the Foreign Affairs Committee 2013-2014.
- Member of the Economic Affairs and Trade Committee 2011-2013.
- Member of the Health Committee 2009-2011.
- Member of the Trade Committee 2009-2011.
- Member of the Environment Committee 2003-2007 (Chairman 2004-2007).
- Member of the Fisheries Committee 2003-2007.
- Member of the Social Affairs Committee on 2003-2006 (Deputy Chairman 2003-2006).
- Minister of Health and Social Security 2007-2009.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. University of Iceland 1996
- Born 19 December 1967. Married with four children.